Skip to main content

New Mercies

"The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning." Lamentations 3:22-23

Have you ever had a day that made you SO thankful that His mercies are new every morning...or that His mercies never cease...or that His faithful love NEVER ends???? I had a day like that today. It shouldn't have been a rough day...maybe I just made it rough on myself. It was internally rough...not externally. I got to spend time with my family and I got to go shopping...two of my favorite things! But there were just some things here and there that made me thankful that I get to go to bed tonight and know that when I wake up in the morning I have a whole day full of His new mercies.

Days like today always make me wonder what the Lord is trying to teach me or show me. I don't want for any of His lessons to be lost on me.

Not that this is anything serious at all...but this morning I was rushing around getting ready to get over to my Mom and Dad's house. I put James in the bathroom with me while I got ready and put all of his tub toys on the floor for him to play with. That was not what he wanted to play with. First he pulled the flat iron off the counter nearly burning himself. I picked it up and told him, "no!". He laughed. Then he went and pulled all of the rest of the toilet paper off the roll and stuck a large portion of it in his mouth. I took it away and told him, "no!". He laughed. He opened my cabinet and flung a box of "feminine products" ALL across the bathroom and squealed with delight. I took those away and told him, "no!!!!!". Finally all was quiet and I was able to get ready in peace. You know that mommy rule that says "when all is quiet something is wrong"?....well, I turned around and he had poured a full bottle of baby shampoo all over the bathroom floor.

Have you ever tried to clean up a spilled bottle of shampoo?

Not easy.

He laughed.

See this darling sweet-faced innocence???? Don't believe it for a second.

~~~~~

You know my 3 nephews are in town. They are so much fun!!! They are all 3 little bundles of total energy. Seriously...I don't know how my sister keeps up. She is Super Woman. For reals. Yesterday Mom, Christi, James and I sat in the garage and watched them do super exciting stunts on their skate boards and razors. I tried riding one of their razors and that is not an easy thing! It takes a whole heckuvalot more balance than I have. They are really good at it!James was quite unnerved by all of the action. Do you see him begging his Nana with his eyes to save him for pete's sake?!?!?
They also jumped rope. Christi and I gave them a lovely and graceful demonstration on how to jump rope. Those pictures will not be shown here because it is not so cute when 2 women (only slightly) over 30 jump rope. I will say Christi looked a whole lot cuter than I did and was way better at it too. Gym class paid off for that one! Not so much for me.

Today I had three birthday's to celebrate. One for my oldest nephew, one for my sister-in-law, Karin and one for her husband, JT.

We celebrated Karin and JT's birthdays over at my mother and father-in-law's house tonight. Can I just tell you what an absolute nightmare James was? I don't know what got into him. Plus I didn't have Brad there to help me and that made it way worse.

For his birthday dessert Will asked for a cherry pie with a maraschino cherry on top. That cracks me up big time! So cute!

And once again I was the super un-fun aunt who got her nephew underpants for his birthday. I threw in some dissolvable mint strips (cause I'm cool like that) which were far more excitedly received than were the underpants. I need to get better at buying gifts for kids since I have one now.

We discovered that James also likes cherry pie with ice cream and maraschino cherries on top. That kid went to town on it.
While eating our pie my Father revealed to my nephews the little fun-fact that Aunt Snuzi can tie a cherry stem in a knot with her tongue. Which of course was immediately followed by a request for said talent to be demonstrated. Which I did. Twice. Which I then realized was not something I want my nephews to know me for. (Please Lord erase that from their memories). Said talent has gone back into the vault never to be spoken of or demonstrated again.

And here are the 3 James' relaxing watching Baby Einstein. Ok...well my nephews names isn't James but it is his middle name so that counts.

Brad won't be home for 3 more days and maybe that is why I am a little funky today. I miss him. He's good to have around. He keeps me way cheerful and stuff. I'm no good without him here. I hope he is having fun. Here is a link to the blog of what he is doing this week.

Ok...I'm off to bed to look forward to those new mercies when I wake up.

Comments

Celee said…
Sounds like you have had a lot of excitement lately! I'm so glad we're in the same group this year. I'm looking forward to it! Oh, and my hubby's leaving me tomorrow for a couple of days. I hate it, too. Especially when it involves a motorcycle.