Skip to main content

TLC

I woke up yesterday feeling SO much better and ready to take on the day! Which yesterday meant shopping and cooking. Two of my favorite things.

Remember a few weeks back when Brad went to help out at the cabin? Well, he has been having some withdrawals for the Tres Leches Cake that Betty, my sister's mother-in-law....or my brother-in-law's mother...made. So I bugged her for the recipe and made it last night. And I now see why Brad loved it so.

I took about 5+ years of Spanish in middle school and high school and the name of this recipe reaches to the outer brink of my Spanish speaking abilities...so the cake will be called TLC from this point on. It's just easier that way.

Anyways....just looking at the recipe I couldn't understand what could be so special about this cake. But then I saw that it calls for sweetened condensed milk. And I have a rule that anything that calls for sweetened condensed milk deserves at least one try. Sweetened condensed milk makes everything delicious and better. When I was single I would actually open a can and pour it over drained fruit cocktail and graham cracker crumbs and eat it. It was delicious back then...but now I don't know. Plus I weighed a good 30 pounds less and could afford such decadence.

Back to the cake...Into the oven it goes...

Which then made me turn my sights to this little delight...
Then voila! Out popped this yumminess!

Brad was right....It is delish!There is actually a piece of this calling my name for breakfast. Don't tell Brad. You know how mad he gets when I eat cake for breakfast.

Comments

Celee said…
Looks delicious! It's so fun to read about your adventures! I'm glad you guys are feeling better!