Skip to main content

Cookbooks

I love love love cookbooks. I could sit around and read cookbooks all day long. My Mom and Dad give me a cookbook every year on my birthday and it is a tradition I LOVE! This year they gave me Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child. (No, it is not yet my birthday but I have never been one for surprises and usually act real sad and pitiful until I get my presents early...except for that I didn't have to act real sad and pitiful to get this one...they were excited about it because they knew how much I wanted it and gave it to me early. Aren't they they just the best!!!!).

This is my all time favorite and most-used cookbook. The one my Mom gave me with her hand-written recipes. I've told you about this one before.


These are the ones that are in the top of my laundry room. Not used so much but still loved.


I use these a lot so they get to stay right in the kitchen on top of the fridge for easy access. Most importantly...the baby food cookbook and the loose recipes that I copy down from other places.

And then there are these. If I could build a special pedestal with museum lighting and a motion sensor protected glass case I would. I love them that much. These are all birthday cookbooks. My Mom has written special things in the front of them that makes me love them even more. I think they are not only beautiful but also very useful.(That is a little picture of my Mom as a little bitty girl there beside the cookbooks).

Here...take a closer look at them. Don't you just love them!?!?!? Me too!

Ok...well technically the Homekeeping Handbook isn't a cookbook. But I love it just the same. It's a handy one!

Now I must go cook something and make good use of all of my books.

Bon Appetit!

Comments

Linda said…
How did I miss this about you! I love cookbooks also and have a ton! I finally joined the Cookbook Club!
James is just beautiful!! I can't believe he is almost one! Love and prayers are always with you!
Love and miss you !
Linda