Skip to main content

Home Again

Home sweet home! James and I are so glad to be back. We had a busy and hectic weekend...well...first part of the week actually. I missed Brad and was so glad to get home to him.

James is not so much of a great traveler as I have hoped he would be. So when we go places we take the little DVD player and put on Baby Einstein. We don't have one of those fancy schmancy cars that already has the player in the car. So I had to get all sorts of inventive in a Clampet/redneck sort of way to rig up the player with bungee cords and baby clips. But heck...we got the job done and James was happy. Just think what all I could have done if I had had some duct tape! Dang!

Finally we got to my sister, Carrie's house. James has not met a dog he doesn't like and he fell flat in love with Carrie's dog Chloe. Who wouldn't!?!?! She' precious. I wanted to sneak her into my pocket and bring her home. This is Chloe and my beautiful niece, Morgan.
Monday morning was set aside for shopping. Carrie took us to one of those warehouse sort of food places...and that is where I found this....
Do you know what that is? That would be the world's largest bologna. It was big, I tell ya.

Do you see my mother in the background acting like she doesn't know me???? She had to act like that several times over the course of the last 3 days. Bless her heart. She raised me better than this.

So after our shopping was done we had to go home to get ready for the wedding! Carrie and I did one of our favorite things...laid on the bed watching HGTV and drinking coffee until I realized I only had 30 minutes to get ready. Time flies when your being lazy. So I rushed around to get myself and James ready. James DID NOT cooperate. At. All. Cranky face!

I was so flustered and frazzled I wanted to curl up in the fetal position and hide under the bed but I couldn't. I had to push on. But we finally made it to dressed and ready. Nevermind the fact that I totally have on the wrong color of lipstick for this sweater. I didn't have time and at that point I didn't care. I had clothes on and that was a major victory. James was worn out from the temper tantrum he had thrown.

The wedding was at the YWCA in downtown Fort Worth. It is a lovely old building with fabulous architecture. I loved it. I wanted to move in and live there. Here is where the ceremony took place. The ceremony that I missed because the very moment that the processional started James started up again with his unpleasantness. What timing. I paced around at the back and caught glimpses of the ceremony but I didn't get to enjoy it like I wanted to. Note to self...one year olds and weddings don't mix.

Mom and Dad even took a stab at trying to contain him...didn't work.
On to the reception...This room was even more fabulous with the incredible ceilings and windows. Such a beautiful place. Too bad I only got to enjoy it for all of 30 minutes thanks to...guess who???? (Again...nevermind the poor choice of lipstick...ick.)
I even stooped to giving him a champagne glass to play with. Classy.

Here is my lovely and wonderful sister and brother-in-law. Andy was a true hero that evening as his being a doctor came in quite handy during the ceremony. The Lord truly placed him in the right place at the right time.
Aren't they a beautiful couple!?!?!

Here are Mom and Dad trying to keep James occupied.
Ugh...exhausting.

This is my Aunt Mary! Love her!!! She looked so fabulous and happy. I know she is so thrilled for her son and new daughter!
And now the real stars of the show....Ryan (my cousin) and Mana his lovely darling new wife!I can't tell you how wonderful my sweet cousin is. No one gives a hug like Ryan gives a hug. He is a precious wonderful man. He and Mana are so blessed to have found each other. I pray the Lord richly blesses their marriage. At this moment they are enjoying a honeymoon in Hawaii.

The wedding was fabulous and I was thrilled to get to go. Even though I missed most of it. I need to let it go.

So Tuesday morning brought more shopping for Carrie, Mom and I. Then Mom, Dad, James and I headed out to my Aunt Glenda and Uncle Glen's place near Graham. It is so beautiful and peaceful out there. They call this place "Lost and Found". I think because it is on a road called "Lost Rd". Just a guess.There are horses and dogs and grasshoppers and flies. The only thing I wasn't scared of were the horses and that is because I only saw them from a distance. I am TERRIFIED of big dogs and bugs so I didn't fare too well out there in the beautiful wilderness. Aunt Glenda said "this sure is no place for a city girl." Truer words were never spoken.

Then we began our journey home. James made it all the way to Childress before he cracked beneath the pressure of holding in his fussiness for so many hours. So we stopped and ate at K-Bob's. I am for reals. Have you ever eaten at a K-Bob's? It's an experience in itself. I loaded up a plate of everything that they had on the salad wagon...even a plate of chocolate pudding. (I'm a nervous eater).

We finally made it home late last night. Only to get up early this morning for CBS. Which lead to getting paged out of class again to get my inconsolable child. Not my proudest moment. I took him back into class with me and fed him all the cinnamon roll he could eat just to keep him pacified. Fruits and vegetables are so overrated anyways.

Now I am ready to take a nap for about 10 days. I'm beat.

Comments

Celee said…
I only have one lip stick and I'm so proud of myself that I picked that one up at Target the other day. My previous one lasted for like 6 years.

That was a lot of bologna!