Skip to main content

A Real American Hero

Brad's favorite cartoon growing up was G.I. Joe.  He wanted to share this love with James.  Dad ordered some of them for Brad off of Ebay.  Unfortunately James hasn't taken an interest yet but lucky for me...Brad is watching them anyways.  (Did you pick up on the sarcasm there?)  So as if it is not great enough that I get to watch cartoons during the day, now I get to watch them at night too.  Living the dream, baby.  But here is the deal...the dialog in these G.I Joe cartoons is ridiculous!  What were they thinking back in the 80's? While most of it is above my head...I did catch one line.  Duke said, "I'm gonna kick the mustard out of that crazy hot dog!" Yep...that is exactly the kind of thing I want my toddler saying.
"Yo, Joe!"

Today after nap time James asked for some ice cream so we ran over to another new frozen yogurt place by our house.  It was not as good as Orange Leaf but James didn't seem to care.
 
 
And our sweet Nana joined us!  What a treat!
 
Later over at Nana's, James took this picture of Judie Bug.  I love it!
After all of that ice cream both boys needed to be soaked and scrubbed.
 
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aww-- so sweet

And James' chocolately face??--- presh!!
Jen said…
fun! we love orange leaf the best too! SO yummy! :)
Anonymous said…
Haahaha, I remember GI Joe from when I was a kid. One of my best friend's had an older brother than would always turn the TV from our cartoons to GI Joe when he was in the room. That was a pretty retarded cartoon. Or maybe I just think that because I thought her older brother was a 'tard. I dunno. ;o) Sorry you're having to suffer through it though. :o/

P.S. Love the black and white photo!