Skip to main content

Love At First Bite

We went to church tonight and as always the message was a blessing.  But tonight was the first time since I have taken the boys to the nursery that I was able to relax, focus and not have my mind on how they were doing.  And that is all because Jamesie had the love of his life in the nursery with him...Dannie Honey...Dr. Honey's daughter.  She helps out in the nursery and he promoted last week to her class!  He was SO excited to see her.  He even put on some of his Daddy's cologne so he would smell extra nice for her.  (We won't tell him the impossibility of the 10 year age difference).
Weird look because he's eating whole wheat bunnies

The summer series Tommy is doing is about Moses. It has been fabulous! Tonight's message was about the golden calf and how that applies to idols in our lives.  Oh my gosh, he said some things we really needed to hear.  Here are a few of his main points that were so thought-provoking (*'s from the message, parentheses from my thoughts): *Whatever consumes my time, thoughts, energy and money is what I worship.  What we worship is what is important to us.  (This particularly hit home when thinking about Jude's diagnosis, medical bills, and appointments...not that there is anything I can do about those things but I can put my focus on the Lord and His promises to take care of us). *We MUST fear God's disappointment more than man's disapproval.  (Yaowza.  Do you remember when you were little and how much it hurt to see any sort of disappointment in your parents if you acted up?  That was worse for me than the punishment itself.  It was far worse to see disappointment in them than the punishment that was doled out.  How much more should this be with the Lord?!?!?  * Poor leadership caves to the whims of the people.  Are you the kind of person that likes being liked too much and what is that costing you?  (This was probably meant in a business sense, but I thought of it in the parenting realm).  And this was the biggest point to me that I can't stop thinking about.  * God offers sinners mercy before He gets to the place of judgement.  The first time He comes to bring peace-the second time He comes with a sword.  (How many times have I turned down His precious mercy and then have to face His correction?  The same is to be said of this lifetime.  He is offering mercy to us right now, because soon He will be coming with His judgement and we will have to answer for every word and deed.  Yikes!)
~~~~~
I call this Jude's "dumb look"
All day we have talked to James about going to church tonight and seeing Dannie Honey and then going to the new ice cream shop.  He's been so excited!  So after church we went to Orange Leaf which is quite possibly the best place ever invented. 
We've heard several people talking about it and decided to take the boys after church.  James got tart, blueberry, and gummy bears.  I got chocolate, coffee, red velvet and chocolate sprinkles.  Brad got chocolate, coffee and chocolate sprinkles.  Jude got bites of each. You will probably find me there tomorrow again because I am in love.  Hard.  And I am hoping they will open one in my neighborhood...maybe even on my street.  Even though that probably isn't legal because of those pesky zoning laws.  Rude.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good stuff, sista!

And Orange Leaf does sound pretty tastey.

((hugs)) coming your way.
Anonymous said…
That place sounds delicious! I've never heard of it around here, but I think we have similar places with different names. I'm a sucker for ice cream and frozen yogurt with tons of toppings, especially in the summer!

P.S. That is so cute that James has a crush! :o)