Skip to main content

Cousins And Books

Today the boys and I got to spend the day with Karin, Addi, and Lauren. 
Eating chocolate cake
Sweet little Addi
Apparently they thought I said, "give me your serious look" instead of "say cheese!"
All four playing together
Watching Toy Story and eating toot-a-loots
I love when Jamesie gets to spend time with any of his cousins.  What a precious bond.
~~~~~
I am not a big reader.  I mean, I don't often curl up with a good book or anything like that.  I just don't make the time to.  Maybe because I read so many jillions of books a day to the boys that when it comes to my own down-time, reading isn't at the top of my list.  But I have heard SO much about this book lately that I had to get it and I plan on starting it tonight.  Heaven  Is For Real by Todd Burpo.  My precious friend Erin was the latest person to recommend it and that is why I got it.  She and I have so much in common.  She is such a sweet blessing to me.

The other two books I got today in the mail from Amazon are Bringing Up Boys and The New Dare To Discipline both by Dr. James Dobson.  
Every single time I get on Amazon I end up buying too many books that I never read...or never finish.  I guess I would like to think that I am a more dedicated reader than I really am.  I like the idea of being a book lover, but at the end of the day, I'm just not.  I don't have the time.  And I always think to myself, "if you are sitting here spending time reading...why aren't you reading your Bible???"  Guilt trip.  And then if I get past that, I would much rather be reading a cookbook or cooking/food magazine than anything fictional.  I've always been so hesitant to say all of that out loud but there it is.  Judge me if you want.  But I am committed to finishing these 3 books.

Time to start reading.

Comments

Erin said…
So glad you liked the book!!! I knew you would.

So apparently I need to read your blog from the bottom up instead of reading from the top down and then having to delete comments that are not true, lol!!!!! Silly me.