Skip to main content

Dive In

This morning I put James in a really big bubble bath to keep him busy while I unpacked and started the laundry.  Jude loves baths and was feeling a little jealous as he looked on.  James gave him the irritated side-eye.  He just wanted to enjoy his bubble bath in peace.
Jude started trying to get in.  I never in a million years thought he would make it all the way over.
I was wrong.
So in the end he got what he wanted.  I got him out of his soaked clothes and diaper and let him get in with James.

Tonight Dr. Honey called and surprised me with the news that she called up Dr. Shimada and got to the bottom of all of the discrepancies between Dr. Rude Pass and Dr. Regueira.  Dr. Shimada is the big head fancy doctor in California who actually invented the staging for neuroblastoma.  He is the one who reviewed Jude's pathology.  I can't even tell you what a peace this gives me that Dr. Honey has gotten to the bottom of things and communicated with Dr. Regueira.  I must be a phenomenally bad communicator. But once again...we owe it to Dr. Honey for all she has done and all the time she has spent to help us navigate through this nightmare.  We are so grateful.

I will be calling Dr. Regueira on Monday afternoon to discuss the protocol for Jude's treatment although I suspect that there will be no change to how we have been doing things for the past 3 months.

Dr. Pass also told Brad that we will be having a conference call between her, Dr. R and us but I won't be holding my breath as I am sure she feels her time is far to valuable to waste on us small town idiots. 

What a mess this has all been.  I hate feeling regret but I do.  I regret that I put us through all of this just to get a second opinion that wasn't really needed. We are learning so much as we trudge through this.  I trust that the Lord is going to use these experiences in some way for our good.

Psalm 25:5-Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love James' hair in the tub! :)

I gotta see a picture of this Dr. Honey. What a blessing.