Skip to main content

Seriously??? Stuck Again????

Last night Brad and I very nearly suffocated from cabin fever. I really do consider myself a homebody...until I know I can't leave. Then I have an insatiable desire to get out and breathe the fresh air and feel the sun on my face and all that jazz. So we decided last night that we would get out today and run a few errands...with Brad driving of course.

We started the day out right with french toast. James just had the berries and cream to begin with. That kid will do anything for a few blobs of whipped cream. Like mother like son...sadly. Then he moved on to stealing bites of his dad's french toast.

We got James all bundled up for our outing. He didn't love being bundled, but he too needed to get out of the house.
After running around and sewing our wild oats we came home for lunch. Then James and I decided to go visit Nana and Papa.

Alone.

*Foreshadowing*

Remember yesterday when I told you I wasn't getting out again until summer??? Because I had gotten stuck???? Yeh....I should listen to myself sometimes.

But I didn't.

And sadly, I drug my poor defenseless child along with me.

And I got STUCK...in the snow...outside of my parents house. When it happened I felt myself die a little inside. A death of humiliation and stupidity. I tried all sorts of tricks to get myself unstuck...turning the wheels all different ways, pushing really hard on the gas pedal, praying, jerking back in my seat to show the car how to do it...nothing worked. I stayed very very stuck.

So I took Jamesie in to hang with Nana and Papa while I called Brad to come save me. And he would've...except for that I had his keys in my purse. And the spare was under his car...which is in 2 feet of snow...and therefore unattainable.

I died a little more.

Then I scraped together every bit of nerve I had and skulked outside to ask the guy scraping my parent's drive, who I incidentally went to high school with, if he could unstick me. There is no pride left. He tried shoveling me out. Didn't work. So then he and his father tried pushing me out. Didn't work. Then some other kind and wonderful man stopped by and helped push. IT WORKED.

At least James got to enjoy a couple hours of Nana and Papa time.
And some snuggling.

Comments

Kristi Kelly said…
Oh my!! You guys are having CRAZY weather!! Who was the guy from HS that helped you out?? Oh, and by the way, super yummy looking french toast....