Skip to main content

She's My Mom And You Can't Have Her!

I don't mean this post to be braggadocios or anything but this just needs to be said. I'm sorry if you don't like your own mother very much after this.

You know I'm all home-bound and whatnot due to James having the flu and all. I'm not sick, I'm just the mom of the sick kid. But today, my angel Mother fixed me a huge pot of chicken and dumplings (one of my top 2 favorite meals of all times), hot and buttery french bread, and fresh plump chocolate chip cookies. Could she be any more wonderful???? No!

And these were no ordinary chicken and dumplings either. They were like all amped up chicken and dumplings. Chicken and dumplings on steroids. Chicken and dumplings that died and went to heaven and then ended up in my stomach. She has a magical recipe and I would love to share it with you but I can't. It's a family secret. (Not really...I just don't know what she does...so it might as well be magical...and a secret).I promise you...this picture does NOT do this pot of wonderfulness justice. At. All. I told my Mom that I want to crawl all up in that pot and wallow around in these dumplings...and also that I would like to bring them to bed with me to snuggle with them.

My name is Snuzi and I am a foodoholic.

So it is 9:42 and I am about to go heat up a second bowl. I might even eat some for breakfast.

And the cookies are just a phenomenon unto themselves. I am not even kidding you...not 2 minutes after I told Brad he was going to have to leave the sanitized sterilized environment that is now our home to go get me some chocolate or I might die...my Mom called to tell me she had made me these cookies. That is not just an apron she wears...it is a superhero cape.You can see from the picture that they are indeed very large and very lumpy. The best way for chocolate chip cookies to be. And you can also see from the picture that I am shamelessly eating them while I lay in bed.

If she weren't my Mom I would be really sad and jealous of her kids. Thank you and I love you my sweet Mommy!

Comments

Unknown said…
Jealous of the meal. Thankful your mom is my mom too :)