Skip to main content

Chef Bradley Part II

Brad is incredibly intelligent and he is good at a lot of things. One of those things in NOT cooking though. Not even a little bit. I heard him get out of bed this morning and try to sneak into the kitchen to surprise me by making breakfast. After several huffs and puffs of exasperation, I finally went to check on him to see what was troubling him. It was this...(And never mind the ghastly state of my cookie sheet...it needs a good rub down with an sos pad.)

He looked at me with so much frustration and cinnamony-doughy-gooey hands and said, "What's wrong with these!!!???"

I asked him if he read the instructions and he claimed that he did. I think his mind just can't grasp the simple things. He said he even tried channeling his inner-snuzi and still couldn't figure them out. Leave the gourmet cooking to me and Pillsbury dough-boy.

But after the kitchen drama we had a great relaxing Sunday. James and I stayed in our jammies all day...not Brad though...he had to go for a six mile run. I wish I had his motivation for fitness.
I love him so much!

After dinner he had a few rousing rounds of peek-a-boo with James.Always a family favorite.Brad's off tomorrow so we are looking forward to another fun day together. I told him we would have biscuits and jelly for breakfast...and he said that would be great as long as he didn't have to fix them.

Comments

Celee said…
I'm right there with Brad! Cooking is totally a pragmatic necessity for me. I'm not one of those who enjoys it. I just enjoy eating and feeding my family! How sweet that he was up and willing to try it, though! You are blessed!