Skip to main content

An Intervention

I took Jamesie to the doctor this morning and he has a virus. Of course. I'm so bummed and I feel so guilty for exposing him to a germy place.

So anyways...we have been taking it pretty easy around here.

As I was cleaning out the cabinets today, I turned around and saw that James had learned a new trick while I wasn't watching.

Climbing.
One he was very proud of until he got caught.
Why was I cleaning out the cabinets, you ask. Because they are coming to bug spray in the morning and told me I had to have all of the cabinets cleared out. So not fun. This is the kind of thing that stresses me out and makes me all squirmy and anxious.

But I made a discovery. A discovery that has imposed some much needed self-reflection on my part.

I have too many spices.
This entire bag is full of spices. That is a little bit ridiculous.

I have a spice fetish. I need an intervention.

Several years ago Jenniffer helped me pack to move to a new apartment. She packed up my kitchen. And while doing that she discovered my spice addiction. She did what any good friend would do when faced with a friend's ruthless dependency. She threw out all of the unnecessary spices and left me with the bare minimum. I knew she was right but it was still hard.

I would say I've more than made up for the loss.

I need an intervention.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yesterday Laird used his Little People garage to climb onto the couch, and then climb into the bay window, and then promptly fall out (big mark on the back of his head now). Does he care? Not at all! :)

Hehe. I love spices too! I don't think you have too many. Just throw them out yearly...they lose their potency after awhile. It's better to buy the little tiny jars if you don't use them much. I have big canisters of parsley, kosher salt, cayenne...and then i have tiny canisters of allspice berries, whole cloves, dill seed, etc. Most things are medium size jars. I probably need to do a purge soon. I know my ground sage has lost its snuff! ;)