Skip to main content

The Penny Box

We had more fun today with Mom, Dad, Christi and the boys.
 
We came home for naps while Mom and Christi had a birthday lunch. After his nap, James had some important banking to do. When I was pregnant with James, Bean came into town and brought us a gift for James...who we didn't know was James at the time. It was an adorable green piggy bank and a soft brown and green lovie. We planned his nursery around those colors.

Well about a year ago James managed to get his piggy bank down from the shelf and it broke into a zillion pieces. We were sad. So, being the class acts that we are, we've been putting his money (our spare change that he collects from us) in a big jar. I kept on intending to get him a new piggy bank but then I remember about a bank my Dad gave me when I was a little girl. He was the Postmaster and he made a bank out of an old post office box. The real miracle is that I remembered the combination to get it open! Of all the things to get lodged up in my brain...go figure.  So Brad got the bank out of one of our storage boxes and I gave it to James today. He doesn't know how to work the combination lock but he really likes to twist the knobs. He called it his "penny box" and kind of wanted to snuggle with it.
 
 
 
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
His golden locks and smile are precious.

My daughter is forever getting her piggy bank down. I am scared to death that she too will break it in a gazillion pieces!