Skip to main content

Dropping The Kids Off At The Pool

We took the boys to the pool today before church.  It was great fun until all of the teeny-bopper life guards started blowing on their whistles and made everyone get out of the pool.  Then some slightly-older-than-teeny-bopper-guy came out with rubber gloves on, a science kit looking thing, and a net.  Never a good sign.  I can only imagine someone pooped in the pool.  Which meant that we were outta there.  We sat around waiting to see what would happen until it occurred to me that even if they got the poo out (if it was in fact poo...maybe it was vomit...either way...) I really didn't want my kids getting back in.  So we left.  But anyhow, we had fun up until then.
Swinging
 

So happy to be at the pool

"PPY" as he calls it
This is how he says "shhh".  He thought the pool evacuation required a moment of silence apparently.

He would rather be in the feces-infested pool

I love him so much!

This was the one and only smile Jude had at the pool.  He was hot, fat, and not interested in swimming.
*Just a side note...I do not actually know if it was poo or vomit in the pool that caused the evacuation.  We didn't stick around long enough to find out.  Could have been nothing at all.  Just thought I'd add that disclaimer.

Comments

Steph said…
I was a lifeguard for a good decade and ran/managed a public pool for 3 of those years... you did the right thing leaving... nothing good can come from a headguard carrying a net and their bucketfulls of acidic shock to sterilize the water. gross!
Anonymous said…
Eww....

The pics look fun tho. And you said that little man was hot and fat... HA--- I love a fat baby!