Skip to main content

The Winds Of Change

Remember back like a million years ago when I was yapping about change and whatev? Yeh...well...little did I know that I was about to get exactly what I asked for. I always forget about the Lord's wacky sense of humor.

So there are a lot of changes coming to the Drozell household. One of them being that we have sold our house. We put it on the market on a Saturday at 11:00 am and had 2 offers on it in 4 hours. (Seriously...best Realtor EVER!)

So we've rented a storage unit and are working like crazy to get everything packed up. I worked my tail off until about 8:00 last night when I got a wicked migraine. The kind that makes me not able to see. Love it. So I figured that was my body's way of telling me to call it quits for the night. But I am fresh as a daisy this morning and ready to work!

Brad has gone to get us a nutritious breakfast of donuts and I have the extra strong coffee perkin!

So where are we moving to, you ask? Well...after much thought and prayer we are completely downsizing every area of our life. We are moving into an apartment in order for me to continue staying home with James. That is our #1 priority. There is no sacrifice I wouldn't make in order to stay with this baby. So I consider it a joy to move if it means spending every second I can with James. We are moving back into the apartments that I lived in when Brad and I started dating. We really love them and the people who work there. And ironically...the apartment is only slightly smaller than our house.

On to George...

Poor George. He didn't make the cut. Although we got George when we lived in an apartment before, I didn't have James as well. So I made arrangements to give George to a friend. But when it came right down to it I cried and cried and called my Mom and cried and she cried and we all cried. So she and my Dad have GRACIOUSLY taken in the poor homeless stray dog. With all of the changes we were going through my heart just couldn't take one more. I am so thankful to know that George is getting lots of love and table scraps at Mom and Dad's. He doesn't know what a major bullet he dodged on that one! I think he thinks he is just on some luxurious vacation right now. There are more changes coming but I won't bore you with those right now. I'll save that for another day. Brad's cracking the whip...got to get to packin!

Comments

Wendy said…
Steph, if George doesn't like it at your mom's house, he can come live with me. Or if he wants a vacation from his vacation....
Erin said…
WOW! I am so jealous that you are still a SAHM. I think you are making a wonderful decision, too...James is most important.
The Vinyards said…
Great decision. You can not get back this time with James.
Celee said…
I'm sorry you're having to leave your beautiful house, but just remember a house does not make a home, you do. I'm excited for you guys as you start down this new road. I think you're making the right decision.
Misty Gray-Hyre said…
I am so thrilled for you Stephanie! Being a SAHM is the most awesome job in the entire world. As I know you already know a house is not a home. You are such a terrific person for putting your family first. Many blessings for your new HOME! :)
Cory said…
Why is George wiping his butt on the couch? Just wondering...