Skip to main content

Snuzi In Wonderland

Remember that part of Alice In Wonderland where Alice eats something that says, "Eat Me" (never a good idea by the way), and grows and grows and grows until she is way too big for the little house? That is pretty much what I've felt like over the past 10 days. But yesterday I finally got everything put away, every picture hung, and every box unpacked. Clearly the apartment is smaller than our house was but the odd thing is that everything is smaller too. Or maybe we grew. For instance, the counters are so short. We feel like we moved into a little bitty doll house. Or a house for tiny people. It's so strange. We feel like giants in here.

It is utterly impossible for me to rest or be at peace when I am surrounded by clutter and chaos. Sad...but true. There were a lot of things working against us with this move. Our house sold immediately to the first person who looked at it, we had four days to pack and get moved, we had to move over half of our stuff to storage, our apartment wasn't ready when we got here, I had a massive meltdown, we have a one year old that made things more difficult than normal, and we were downsizing by a greater measure than we anticipated. I wasn't mentally or emotionally prepared.

But now that it is all put away and organized and tidy I feel happy and excited about the future. I know we are doing the right thing and it feels good that we have pulled together as a family and gotten through it.

This morning I heard James crying in his room and I reached over and got the monitor and looked at it and saw someone else's baby. Totally creepy and freaky. I need to change the channel on the monitor. Part of the fun of apartment life I guess. But their baby was sleeping peacefully and mine wasn't...so I was happy to look at theirs instead.

I added up how many times I've moved over my 31 years and it is a grand total of 13 times. And 10 of those have been within the last 8 years...approximately. So you would think I would have this moving thing down pat. I don't. But for now we are settled and happy and ready to make some great memories in our new place.

Comments