Skip to main content

Home With Both Babies

Ok...so last post I told you we were planning on going to church last night then home for our date. Well....not so much. I ended up having to admit Addi to the hospital because she was dehydrated again. Her mom is still on bed rest and sick and couldn't be around her. But look what a little trooper she was. All smiles for Aunt Steph. Notice her quilt. The nurses told me there is this little old lady makes them for the pediatric unit for them to give to the babies! I think they picked out a lovely one for Addi. I love it. And I love the sweet little granny who made it for her. Precious. And I have to hand it to those pediatric nurses at BSA. Angels I tell ya. They are just lovely lovely women.

I was hoping and praying that she wouldn't have to stay again tonight. Thankfully they released her at 7:00 tonight and I got to bring her home. I gave her a nice warm bath and got her all snuggly and comfy in her jammies. No more icky hospital gown, crummy hospital diapers, or stupid iv. She is all happy and sleeping like a little angel. I have to wake her up every two hours to feed her though to make sure she stays hydrated. But so far so good. She goes right back to sleep.

Jamesie will be so happy to wake up in the morning and find his little cousin here to play with!

I also have to mention what a wonderful husband, father, and uncle Bradley has been these past few days. We have had a crazy week and he has done way more than his fair share to fill in the gaps. Laundry, cooking, cleaning, baby duty, etc. He's so wonderful.

I feel like I have spent most of this week at the hospital but I have met some of the most lovely people. While waiting for the valet I met a precious woman whose husband was having open heart surgery the next morning. I told her I would be praying for him and also for her. That lead us into an entire conversation about the Lord. Don't you love that about running into other Christians. It made my day.

The valet guys that I have spent a lot of time with have been so kind and helpful and cheerful. That is what you want to see when you are at the hospital...lots of cheerful faces. Such nice guys.

And the people who bring the food into your room. Sweet as can be.

I got to meet the daughter-in-law and granddaughters of one of my friends...again while waiting for the valet. (I spent a lot of time there).

And I grew to love our pediatrician and nurse Lorraine even more than I already did. The Lord put them in my life for a reason. Oh...by the way...they are also Addi's pediatrician and nurse.

Ok...that's enough reflecting for now. Hopefully we are done with hospital visits for at least 2 months when Karin has baby #2!

Nitey nite...for two hours at least.

Comments