Skip to main content

Happy 1st Birthday James!!!

This is the very day God acted-Let's celebrate and be festive! Psalm 118:24My baby is ONE today! This year has flown by and been filled with more joy than I ever thought my heart could hold. James is a precious gift from the Lord and he is a continual blessing and source of immeasurable, limitless delight. The day James was born was the most fun, most exciting, joyful day of my entire life. It was like a big huge party! I loved every second of being in labor, I cherished every push, we laughed and cried and then got to see and hold this little bundle of preciousness. We couldn't believe our eyes. I stared at him all night long and praised the Lord and thanked Him for letting me be this child's mother. I felt so undeserving and grateful.He was only 6 pounds and 3 ounces. I could have just eaten up every single bit of him. All I wanted to do was stare at him and cover every inch of him in kisses.
There were some hard days. But when I look back over this last year...those aren't the ones that stick out in my mind. Oh, if I could just hear that sweet little squeaky newborn cry and feel those tiny 6 pounds and 3 ounces in my arms again.Brad and I were so scared. We wanted to do everything perfectly and were so afraid because he seemed so tiny and fragile and delicate.
Now, a year later, we celebrate this precious life. We celebrate the child that he is and the man he will become. We pray that he loves and serves the Lord all of his life. We pray that he will be happy. We pray that he will be smart and successful and excel at everything he puts his hand to. Brad and I are celebrating this day because we feel so blessed to have been able to have this child in our lives for the past year.

We began this day by waking James up early and singing happy birthday to him. Then we let him open one of his presents.(It was a ball!)

And then we gave him a chocolate donut. He loves chocolate donuts but he has never had one all to himself. He usually has to share with Mommy. He seemed a little leery at first.

But then he grabbed a hold...Offered a bite to his Dad...And then started eating....(I'm afraid he gets his fine table etiquette from me).

Mmmmm....that was a mighty fine donut!I think he is in a sugary-deep-fried-deliciousness coma.After his donut, Nana and Papa called and sang "Happy Birthday" to him on the speaker phone. He smiled and danced!

He is napping now and I am going to make his cake. I have looked so forward to this day. We are going to Nana and Papa's tonight to have a little celebration.

Happy first birthday to my sweet little boy!

Comments

Wendy said…
Awwww... happy birthday James! sweet little guy.....
Celee said…
Happy Birthday to James! He is so wonderful and so blessed to have you and Brad as his parents!