Skip to main content

A Visit With Dee Dee

Yesterday at Mom and Dad's was super-fun. James got to swing, play with Papa, & eat delicious homemade peaches and cherries ice cream that Nana made.


Today Mom and I went to Lubbock to see my grandmother, Dee Dee. She is my Dad's mom and is 91 years old and a saint. Seriously...if you knew the story of her life, you would agree. So here is my precious sweet Dee Dee with James.
I love this picture. My baby is named after her baby.
I realized that James had broken out in hives from Dee Dee's cat. Thank goodness I brought the Benadryl. I shot him full of it and then this happened...
Anyhow, my Mom made it all better...food cures most of my problems. We went to eat the world's most fabulously delicious cupcakes from Peace O' Cake and got a cup of coffee from J & B coffee to wash them down with. YUM! If you are ever in Lubbock, do yourself a great big fat favor and get a cupcake from this place. You will thank me later. They sell out pretty early so don't waste a lot of time getting there. Seriously, they are the best things you have ever wrapped your lips around. My personal favorites are the red velvets and the black and whites. If the orange flag is out front, you are lucky and happy, they still have cupcakes. If the orange flag is not out front, you are sad and should probably just sit there outside the door until they open the next morning. They are that good.
I'm going to go to sleep now and dream about cupcakes and wake up and be so cheerful when I remember that I have some in the fridge for breakfast. Yes, for breakfast! I'm an adult, I can do that.

Comments

Wendy said…
Oh dear. Now I must go to Lubbock. Need cupcakes.
How are you doing this week by yourself? If you need company, we are always here!
Snuzi said…
Yes! You must have some of these! I promise they will change your life. They even make little tiny baby ones that would be great for Genny.