Skip to main content

James Sr.


I am a major Daddy's girl. (I'm also a Momma's girl too...I'm equally attached). We named our son after my dad. I pretty much think he hung the moon. We all know that I am his favorite. (Ohhhhh....I'm in so much trouble for saying that!) I'm mom's favorite too. (Big big trouble!) I think that they tell all of us that we are their favorites but I know the real truth.


Growing up, Dad and I would do all sorts of adventurous things like fishing, camping, and mountain climbing. We climbed the highest mountain in New Mexico several times. He got me up said mountain by telling me that the top was "just around the next corner". I believed him every time too! I fell for this trick each time we climbed it. (Doesn't say much for my smarts, but at least we did it.) He's heroically strong too! When we would go back packing, by the end of the hike, he would have 99% of my pack tied on, stuffed in or hanging from his pack. I pretty much just carried my sleeping bag...and whined about that. There is nothing like the bonding that takes place when you are camping...no t.v., no phones, just a campfire and a tent. Precious precious memories.



My dad is also the World's Best Grandfather title-holder for about 15 years running now! Quite an accomplishment. I love to see my son and nieces and nephews fall prey to the same antics that were inflicted upon my sisters and me as children. Such as the biting mustache, the "slowly I turn" boogie man, and the extremely frightening drive-thru car wash experience. To this day my sisters and I get all sorts of shivers going through the car wash.


Anytime my dad left town when we were little, he would ALWAYS bring us back a sussy. I remember the 3 of us and my mom sitting on the bed while he opened his suitcase to dig out our new treasures! So exciting!



My dad is the most honorable, steadfast, Christian man I have ever known. There is just not enough to say about his faith in the Lord. It's unshakable. What an example he has been to so many. The impact he has had on my husband's life is one of the greatest gifts. Anyone who meets him respects him.



He comes from good stock too...you know his mom is Dee Dee. Oh the relationship between a mother and her son. Too sweet for words. She adores him. In her eyes...and pretty much everybody else's...he can do no wrong.


When I was little my dad would come tuck me into bed and sing "There's Just Something About That Name" while brushing my hair back. The most secure feeling in all the world is living in a happy home, with two parents deeply committed to the Lord and to each other, and having your Daddy sing you to sleep.

Comments