Skip to main content

He CAN Go!

I set aside this day to do some big-time cleaning to this house.  It was over due.  But the thing is...potty training and clean floors aren't friends.  So after the 4th accident I called a cease fire with the tee-tee's and put him in a diaper.   He was cool with it.  He didn't care.
And for some reason he decided he needed to wear these sunglasses all evening.

Tonight while we were eating, James was having a bierox and said, "Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm...it's alicious!"  (Delicious)  I tried to get him to say it again but he wouldn't play along.  He wanted to see himself on the camera instead.  Warning: don't watch if you are prone to motion sickness.
 
So on to the BIG news of the day!!!!  We have been potty training for exactly 2 weeks today and we finally had our second success!!!!  Hooray!  I was about to put James in his nite nite diaper and pj's and asked him to go sit on the potty and try one more time before he went to bed.  I totally was not expecting him to go but he did!  I jumped and screamed and cheered for him!  He got right up off the potty, turned around to his potty chart, ripped one of the stickers off and stuck it back on.  He didn't even want to wait for a new one to celebrate his victory!  He also got to pick out a candy (or two...or five). 
Upon examining his success, he turned to me and said, "Oh!  It's popcorn!"  (Pronounced poc-a-ba by him).  I guess because it's yellow he thought it looked like popcorn???  But it was as if it finally all came together for him.  Fine...it's poc-a-ba. Whatever works, kid!
Brad had a meeting tonight and I saved the tee tee to show him when he got home.  I think he thought that was weird.  Maybe I'm a little bit too consumed with this potty training stuff.  I thought it made perfect sense...why wouldn't he want to see it?  Don't answer that.






Comments