Skip to main content

Let Them Eat Cakey

This afternoon Jamesie and I made Nana's birthday cake...10 days late.  But as I always say...when it comes to cake...better late than never.  Well, I don't always say that but it's true.  We made German chocolate "cakey"...as James calls it.  Yum!
Jamesie is getting really good in the kitchen.  I'm proud of my little chef.
I have sweet memories of helping my Mom in the kitchen when I was little.  A lot of those memories are of licking the beaters...the best part.
Here is our finished product.  James sure was proud.
YAMS stands for "You Are My Sunshine".  It was our song when I was little.

We took the cake over to Nana and Papa's this evening.
Happy late birthday cake, Nana!

Comments

Kristi Kelly said…
Cute!! Love the YAMS...so sweet:) Yep, James definitely needs a "manly" apron for sure:)