Skip to main content

Learning To Share

Lots of big news around here today. First of all, there is a new member of the family. Brown Puppy. Brad got him for Jude way back when we found out we were having a boy and we let James give it to him today. He was not thrilled about it at first. He wanted to keep him.He finally gave it over...begrudgingly. He gave him a parting kiss.And Blue Puppy gave Brown Puppy a kiss.It took a lot of talking to convince him that Blue Puppies are far more special than Brown Puppies and that HE has TWO Blue Puppies and Jude only has one Puppy. And everyone knows that two are better than one.

James is enjoying playing with his old toys again now that we have gotten them out for Jude.

The swing.The bumbo.The play mat.He's been pretty understanding about having to share with Jude.Not necessarily happy about it...but understanding.Jude loves the play mat.He's not so sure about the bumbo though.He had to talk it over with Puppy.Whom he really loves. And who is almost as big as he is. (I know I probably just butchered the use of "whom" and "who" but I don't care...it's a tricky one).And there is no other reason for posting this picture of Brad burping Jude besides the fact that I think it's cute.And now on to our biggest news of the day!

Way back on May 1st...6 whole months ago...we tried to move James over to his big boy bed. It didn't go well and we caved. Right back into the crib he went. Then I got busy with moving and having a baby and whatnot and the big boy bed fell way down on the priority list.

We finally decided we needed to get serious about it. For a couple of nights Brad slept with him until my friend Laurie clued me in to the fact that wasn't the best idea. So tonight we decided to go cold turkey.Torture. For us and for James.

We prayed, put him down, and ran. He screamed and tried to get out of his door for A SOLID HOUR. Yall, I'm not even kidding. ONE FULL HOUR! I sat outside his door and cried right along with him. It was awful. I went back in twice and put him back in bed and it only made it worse.

After an hour, when things got quiet, I felt under the door and felt his little hand. He had fallen asleep on the floor.Broke. My. Heart.So I slipped in, (took a couple of pictures), and put him back in bed. And after a few more tears.....Success!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Peanut said…
I SO understand your pain! My daughter fought tooth and nail when we tried to convert her to her big girl bed. I found her asleep like that a lot in our hallway. :( It does get better....just hang in there. You are an amazing mom and they are ALL lucky to have you!
Anonymous said…
Girl, Jude is such a doll! James, too, of course :) Congrats on your sweet bundle of joy! Would you mind sending me your address? I don't think I have the current one. Thanks! Jodie