Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Eve

Yesterday James, Jude and I went to an indoor playground with Laurie, James and Kaylee. It was a lot of fun even though they look like they were trying to chew their way out of a cage.And it is like 3 stories tall.Then last night we decorated for Christmas. I think this was the first time that James really got to participate and he seemed to enjoy it.Last night was James' second night to go it alone in his big boy bed. The night before it took an hour, last night took an hour and 20 minutes and he fell asleep on the floor with his sweet little fingers sticking out under the door.Talk about heart-rending for a mommy.

But thanks to a bit of down to earth mothering advice from my own Mommy, I called his bluff today at naptime and it worked like a charm. And then again tonight at bedtime. He was in that bed and didn't get out a single time.

We got to see Bean tonight! He is in town for Thanksgiving. James was disappointed that Lindsay wasn't with him but he was happy to entertain Bean. He showed him his big boy bed and his little brother.
Mrs. Bean sent Jamesie a new church bag that holds crayons and a coloring book. He loves it!Contrary to how this pictures makes it appear, Brad was totally pumped to see Bean. So was George. And I did make sure both Brad and George had a pulse.
I, on the other hand, was overjoyed. I always love our time with Bean.And my little guy who started out his life so seriously is all smiles and coos these days. He is such a joy!

Comments