Skip to main content

It's Not Easy

Today was not an easy day to be a mom for me. Have you ever had one of those days? It was just difficult from beginning to end. James, who is generally very compliant, is pushing the limits every chance he gets. And to be honest, we let him get away with way too much. And to be brutally honest...it's because it is just easier. It's easier to not make him obey. It's easier to just pick up the toys myself. It's easier to let him decide he doesn't want to eat dinner. It's easier to let him torture the poor dog. But I am not doing him any favors. He sat in his chair tonight for well over an hour, crying his eyes out, not eating his dinner. It didn't end well. He was punished and is now in bed with an empty tummy. That is hard on a mommy's heart. I know he is not going to starve and will eat a great breakfast in the morning though.

I know that the Lord is teaching James about Himself through Brad and I. That is weighty. And daunting at times. The Lord is loving, nurturing, compassionate and forgiving, but also a Lord that desires me to follow His rules, even when I don't want to. And yes, there are consequences to my sins just like James is disciplined for his disobedience.

Thank goodness that tomorrow is a fresh day and we both get to start all over! But this sure cheered me up...It is all worth it.

Lamentations 3:21-23-This I recall to mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS.

Comments

apryl said…
thank you steph, I needed to hear that
Erin said…
Snu...we had a very similar evening yesterday. Thanks for the encouragement!
Melanie Lyons said…
So true. Weighty indeed. Sometimes I think I'm being taught more of a lesson than the kids are. BTW holy moly Jude has changed overnight!