Skip to main content

His Grace Is Sufficient

The other day I posted about nothing being too hard for the Lord and Him giving us the desires of our hearts. Last night at church I got the follow-up to this message through Tommy's sermon about "how do you follow a God you don't get to see?" He talked about what happens when the answer is no? Do we doubt? Do we think that we are being punished for something we've done wrong? The verses referenced were 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. Paul was given a thorn in his flesh to keep him humble. The Lord grows us the most when we are humble and broken. He wants us to get to the point in our faith where we will accept that "His grace is sufficient for us and His power is made perfect in our weakness". God's grace is enough, it is adequate, it is sufficient. 'Yes or no, Lord, Your will be done'. So although the Lord may say no to some of my desires...He is answering my deep down desire to bring Him glory...for His will to be done. Paul asked the Lord to remove the thorn from his flesh and the Lord said 'no'. The Lord had a greater purpose than for Paul to have a pain-free life...whatever that thorn was. And it was for Paul to be humble and for the Lord's power to be made perfect in Paul's weakness.

Brad and I have been praying about a certain issue for over 2 years now and waiting expectantly to see the Lord's answer. I feel like we are praying in accordance with His will but maybe He sees that we need to "delight in our weaknesses". His grace is sufficient for us. His power is made perfect in our weaknesses. When we are weak, He is strong.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Meanwhile, Mr. Jude continues to grow and change everyday it seems. He is getting tall like his brother.But he is still my serious little guy.We get really excited about his smiles because he is all sorts of stingy with them.And James is doing a little better too. He sat with his Dad this morning and discussed coffee before Brad headed out to church. We are taking shifts these days since I don't want to put Jude in the nursery yet and didn't want to take James to church while he is sick. One of us can go on Saturday night and the other can go Sunday morning...works out perfectly. But I do look forward to all of us going as a family.

Comments

Unknown said…
Your post made me think of a quote I saw today: "Sometimes God robs us of our lesser dreams to bless us with greater ones." Al Meredith
I love this quote. Hmmm....what's the "greater dream" out there for those of us waiting on an answer??

On another note...Jude is so beautiful, really! He has such a sweet, perfect little face. And so many times, his pictures reminds me of you as a baby. SO cute!!!!