Skip to main content

Big Boy Bed

Last Sunday night Brad and I decided that we would begin the transition for James from the crib to his big boy bed. We've had the bed set up for awhile now and have talked to James a lot about his big boy bed. So I finally put the bedding on it and he seemed really pumped. I thought, "this is going to be a breeze!".


I've watched Super Nanny and had a plan. We would say prayers, kiss, hug, put him in his new bed and leave. Knowing he would get right out we decided to leave him in there for 20 minutes before we went back in...hoping he would get tired and go get in bed and go to sleep. If that didn't work we planned to go back in 15 minutes later and do it again. We thought we were so smart.

After making a mad dash out of the room we sat down on the couch with the monitor and watched him. Of course he was immediately out of bed, sobbing, knocking at the door to get out. It made me cry. Not so tough after all.

After 5 minutes I looked under the door and saw him curled up with Puppy in a little ball on the floor. It broke my heart. We couldn't take it. That's when this happened.I finally got my nerve up to try again. Still no luck. More tears.

That's when Daddy caved.We're weak. Or maybe we just have a weakness for James. Brad decided we would start the transition a little slower and put the big boy bedding in the crib and let him get used to that first. We put him down and he was out in seconds. Brad and I aren't ready for him to be a big boy yet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awww! Poor James!!! What a tough transition that's going to be. Maybe he's just not ready yet? Keep us posted!