Skip to main content

My Little Monkey

Today we took James to the zoo for the first time. It was the perfect day for it. First we saw a great big stinky turtle.
Then some buffaloes.
They were stinky too.
These monkeys were fighting over a lizard or frog or something. I can't really tell what it is. If you look closely you can see that the monkey on the right is holding it. I said, "Look! That monkey is about to eat an iguana!" and Brad said, "No, that's a frog." So whatever...it's an froguana.

This goat looked really sad. I think it's a goat. Not sure. I need to brush up on some animal identification skills.
A longhorn? Really? In Texas? Why is this so odd that we must display it in a zoo? I mean....gosh...what will they think of next? A horse?Yep...they had those too. Why would they have horses at the zoo in Amarillo, Texas? I seriously see them in the parking lot at the Dairy Queen on a regular basis.

Now that's what I'm talking about. A scary cat looking thing. From Africa no less.
Half-way through...we stopped at the playground.
This peacock is beautiful but they make the most terrifying noises you've ever heard. For reals.
This was the cutest little monkey at the zoo.
I wish these kangaroos had a baby in their pouch. I've always wanted to see that.
I don't think James knew there was a lion behind him.
Yikes! He saw him!
Here kitty, kitty.
He was pretty.
Next we had a picnic at the park.
James and Daddy played ball.
James was in Heaven...outdoors, Daddy, playing ball...what a day.
Time to leave the park for nap time.
After naps...James had a snack.
Yummy!
He even looks cute with chocolate all over his face.
Next it was time for cooking out and playing in the sprinklers!
Goofball!
James is happiest outside. And what a beautiful day for it!
It was a wonderful, busy day with my two boys. I wish I could have a million more just like it.

Comments