Skip to main content

The Weekend

James and I finally got Brad back! He got in really really early in the morning so James didn't see him until he woke up. Brad was still asleep when James woke up so I brought him in to see him. He squealed with delight when he saw his Daddy and crawled across the bed to him and hugged him for the longest time. What a way to wake up!
Brad got James a little buffalo as a sussie. He loved it. Mostly he loved having his Daddy back.

Then he trapped himself and Puppy under the highchair.
~~~~~

James is going through a strange little phase where he loves to have his shoes on. Even over his pj's.Whatever makes him happy. I don't ask questions.

~~~~~

As always, we went to Mom and Dad's for lunch today. Jamesie took a turn for the worse. He had started feeling really crummy yesterday but was just pitiful by this afternoon. All he wanted to do was snuggle with his Papa. So we will take another trip to the doctor tomorrow to see what is going on with this little guy. I talked with Lorraine today and she is afraid it sounds like RSV. I hope not. We will go see her tomorrow and she will get him all loved up and feeling better.

~~~~~

I have mentioned before about my fears. I am not afraid of the typical things like the dark, being attacked, someone breaking into my house in the middle of the night, etc. But spiders and owls (and a couple of other random things that I won't mention at this time) really freak me out. A few years ago Brad and I were up at my office talking to my friend Bill when an owl flew into the window and smashed to the ground (not so wise after all, huh?). We went down to check it out. Now, I already had this preexisting condition of owlophobia, so I was pretty cautious. The nasty mean old owl was just lying there on the ground. It wasn't dead much to my dismay. All of the sudden it sat straight up, (owls don't have a waist by the way, it just sat up in one solid movement...freaky) spread out its crazy long wings, and flew RIGHT STRAIGHT AT MY FREAKING HEAD!!!!! I am totally not even kidding. Ask Brad and Bill. To say that I lost it is a gargantuan understatement. I ran, screaming, and crying, to the car, got in, locked the doors, put my head down and cried for about 30 minutes. To Brad and Bill's credit, they didn't laugh at me (until later). I was completely traumatized.

Which leads me to about 2 weeks ago. I told Brad that I kept hearing an owl outside and that I thought it might be in our chimney. He laughed at me. Then last night he was sitting by the fireplace working on the computer and he asked me to come in there. Sure enough...he heard the owl coming from the chimney. It's gotten louder. It is totally freaking me out. I told him that if that owl comes flying down our chimney and into our living room that will be the end of my sanity and mental stability. And we will have to move. Immediately. And I will probably more than likely die from fright. He will be speaking with maintenance about this tomorrow. I don't know if there is an owl living in the chimney or if he/she has nested on top. But whatever the case, it must relocate. Promptly. My Mom said that she just hopes an owl egg doesn't drop down into the fireplace. That makes two of us.You just can't tell me that isn't freaky. It is crazy-freaky-evil. For reals. Hate hate hate owls. With a passion.

Do you want to know, or even care why I fear owls? Probably not but I am all about full disclosure. It started back about 12 or so years ago. I was driving back home from some podunk small town from a wedding and it was dark. I was on a back country road and saw something up ahead. I started to slow down. It was something about 1.5 to 2 feet tall (just an uneducated guess there), standing in the middle of the road. At first I thought it might be a child...which would have been equally as creepy. But as I got closer and came to a stop, it whipped it's nasty owl head all the way around and gave me the stink-eye, then flew off. The head spinning thing, along with the standing in the middle of the road thing, topped off with giving me the stink-eye thing and just like that...a new fear was born. It haunted me for years. Which lead to the day owl #2 flew at my head and tried to kill me. And now I am about to have one for a roommate. Not cool. I need therapy. Shock therapy I think.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are cracking me up!! :) I miss you. Seriously, hilarious. James is such a little cutie pie. I'm so glad I get to see snippets of your life! Love you!! Jodie
Anonymous said…
You are so funny!!! But I understand about owls. I feel that way about all birds!

I really hope James doesn't have RSV...but didn't he already have it a month ago? I remember you said he had bronchiolitis, and when Laird had that last year the doc told me RSV was bronchiolitis. Or maybe I'm just confused.