Skip to main content

Acrobat

Welcome To The World Of Daring Young Boys is a book someone should write and then hand out to you in the hospital after you have a son...along with a lifetime supply of Xanax and Prozac. James not only has boundless energy but also a healthy dose of bravery. Which means I have a healthy dose of shot nerves.

Today I moved the stuff off the end table because he wouldn't stop getting into it. I put it on the mantle. He saw a golden opportunity at hand...and took it. Not two seconds after moving it he and Puppy had climbed up on the table and were flinging themselves into the chair. Sure I knew it wasn't the best idea but I also thought it was sort of cute and clever. The kid can make a playground out of anything.

Oops...barely caught him in this picture. This was after he flung himself down.I thought I would snap one more picture before making him get down.I should have exerted that parental caution a few moments sooner. 0.5 seconds after I took this picture, he reached for the crystal coaster that was on the mantle and it fell and shattered all over the hearth. Then he fell into the shattered glass...head first.

I didn't know I could move that fast without pulling something. Thankfully he only has a little tiny scratch on his hand. He really has one tough noggin, my fearless little acrobat.

"Oh, he floats through the air
With the greatest of ease,
This daring young man
On the flying trapeze;
His actions are graceful,
All girls he does please,
My love he has purloined away."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hahahaha! Isn't it the best???? Laird and James are the same person.

Give me these boys over silly girl-problems any day!