Skip to main content

Spoon Lessons

By now you know by now of my type-a tendencies. It is also called being anal. OCD. Or "finely wired" as my Angel Mother likes to call me. So you can imagine what it took for me to let James try to feed himself yogurt for the first time today. I figured I need to start teaching him some of these skills before the new baby comes.

It started out pretty well. Sort of hard to get the spoon into the yogurt...
And then into his mouth without it falling off the spoon. That's tricky.
But he was awfully proud of himself when he did it!
Getting better at hitting the mark.
Just wait until your Dad sees these mad yogurt eating chops!
I'm very proud of you!
NO! Don't do that!
Oh no! Where's my Xanax?!?!? Crap! I can't take Xanax, I'm pregnant! OH NO! There are going to be two of these little monsters!!!! Serenity now. Serenity NOW!
Why doesn't this child have on a bib?!?!
Don't look at me that way! You look just like your father here! This is all HIS fault!
Oh my Lord. I can't take it anymore. This lesson is OVER.
Don't even think about touching me with those slimy paws kid!
And here is a video of the lesson. I don't even know what is wrong with the focus on my camera. It's all weird. Sorry.

Comments

Wendy said…
well, at least he didn't try to put it in his hair. silver lining.
Anonymous said…
LOL! You labeled this as a feeding "problem." You are too funny! Laird looks like this after almost every meal, haha!

It is all Brad's fault. :P
Melanie Lyons said…
LOL He's definitely enjoying that yogurt! He's a cutie yogurt and all.