Skip to main content

SUCCESS!

MAJOR SUCCESS! I applied all of my newly attained rules tonight and James finally ate a great, well-rounded, self-fed meal! With no plate flipping, food throwing, or whining! We put James in his highchair, Brad and I sat down to eat, empty plate on James' tray, and ignored him. Then it happened! He "asked" for some food. I put a few blueberries on his plate, a piece of chicken, some bread, & some carrots. Little by little he ate and asked for more! I was so thrilled I nearly cried. So I rewarded him with a heaping healthy helping of vanilla pudding. His fave. Please Lord let it go this well tomorrow!

But this morning was a different story. After he ate his cereal bar I gave him some yogurt. After a few bites I put it on his tray for him to feed to himself. Yeh...not so much. He didn't love it at all. See how abandoned, pitiful and forsaken he looks? Poor baby. Growing up is hard to do.

Tonight after dinner Jamesie had a great time with his Daddy...as always! This is always my favorite part of the day. We all three get on the floor after dinner and spend some uninterrupted play time with James. He gets both of our undivided attention.I love these two guys so much!The two loves of my life!Smack!We're still working on that gentleness thing.

Later this evening we got to have Addi over to play for a few minutes. Love this little girl!They took turns reading Baby Einstein to each other.
~~~~~

I have some picture boards up in my laundry room and I have a lot of old pictures on them...some of Brad, some of me, and a lot of my family. And even though I've looked at this picture a million times, it caught my eye today because of the Christmas tree in the background. I pulled it down and took a closer look at it. It is of Brad when he was probably about the same age as James is now. It brought tears to my eyes right away. No doubting who this kid's Daddy is! Aside from the red hair...the similarities are striking.Everybody always tells me how much James looks like Brad. Now I see it too. My sweet boys!

Comments