Skip to main content

Babies Babies Babies

Everywhere I look people are popping out babies. First Karin had Lauren on Saturday and then our good friends, Miah and Amber, had this delicious little delight of a baby today. Sawyer Kate. How precious is that!?!? And how much do you love the little gerber baby curl on the top of her sweet head? Oh my soul!

Brad, James and I went up to see them at the hospital today and Brad should really know better than to let me be around newborns so much. Until I get in bed at night and think about NOT having to get up in the middle of the night to see what all the screaming is about and about NOT stuffing cabbage leaves into my bra....but that is another story entirely. One I am almost certain you don't want to hear.

Miah and Amber have been friends with Brad for forever. They are so dear. And the most gracious, hospitable, accepting people you've ever met. I was all sorts of wigging out when I had James and didn't want anyone within a million feet of him unless they had bathed in hand sanitizer. But Amber and her sweet Mom welcomed all three of us and even offered to let James get on the bed with Amber (who had JUST had a c-section and no sleep) to hug her, and then even offered to let James touch the brand new baby. To which both Brad and I gasped, "NO!". Bless his heart...you've seen what he's done to Puppy. Gentleness is not his gift. The lesson I learned is to CHILL out because it is super nice when people are so laid back and gracious. I want to be more like that.

What an abundance of joy we have this Christmas with all of the new little lives the Lord is blessing us with. "Children are a blessing and a gift from the Lord." Psalm 127:3

Comments

Anonymous said…
She really is precious. And what a cute name! Girl names are SO hard to pick out.

I'm like you, Snu. My sister told me that at Thanksgiving, her husband's cousin (who also happens to be my friend) let her hold her 2 month old daughter for like an hour while the baby slept! I NEVER would have allowed that. It's not that I don't trust people, it's that I want to savor every precious second with my son.

I am shocked they wanted to let James touch Sawyer, too! I am even more shocked that the hospital allowed him to visit at all! Around here no children under 12 are allowed to visit newborns unless they're siblings.