Skip to main content

Chistmas Portraits

Today I had ALL day to get ready for our picture appointment this evening. I ironed our clothes, painted my nails, straightened my hair, put on make up, borrowed a necklace from my Mom, planned James' naps so that he would be adequately rested, washed the baby, dressed the baby, and got us all there with time to spare. Let me tell you a little side note here...Brad HATES, with a vehement passion, having posed pictures made. Snapshots he is ok with...staged, fake, posed pictures...not so much. And much to his chagrin I made the appointment for 30 minutes AFTER we usually put James to bed. I'm so smart. Stressful situation + cranky husband + sleepy baby + packed studio + 45 minute wait = BAD. After waiting 45 minutes we left. I (not so cheerfully) rescheduled our appointment for tomorrow morning. I hope we fare better. Can you tell how thrilled Bradley is with me in this picture? That smile means..."This is all your fault. This child in my arms that is throwing a fit....it's your fault. The milk dribbles down the front of his sweater....your fault. These pictures that will be bad memories...all your fault. Are you happy now?!?!?!" But being the sweet hubby that he is...he didn't say any of that. He just smiled it and I knew.

Comments

Celee said…
I decided I'd take the Christmas card picture at Medi-Park this year. First of all, we were busy making our thankful tree, then Mia couldn't find her knit skirt that I boughts specifically for the picture and matched her vest, that she incidentally has since found. Then we get there and it's windy, as usual, and I had like 15 seconds to snap a few pictures before Lucie started crying. So I tried again the next day with different outfits and everyone looked adorable except Lucie. As soon as the kids took off, Lucie smiled huge. I ordered 2 Christmas cards this year and I'm not terribly happy with either. I guess we're just having one of those years:)
Erin said…
Todd and I aren't a part of the portraits we have taken of Laird. I'm still too fat for it to be a cute picture anyway!

We did have church pics taken last week...but the photographer was SUPER quick.

I had Laird's one year pics taken when Elaine came to visit for his birthday and those were fab!!!

Our Christmas picture will be Laird and Gus Jones in front of the tree - just like last year :)