Skip to main content

Christmas 2009 Memories

Well...all the wrapping paper and boxes have finally all gotten cleaned up. My sister's leave tomorrow. And back to real life. That is always such a let down.

So here are some of our Christmas memories.

First thing Christmas morning we woke Jamesie up to open presents!

Then he got all dressed to go to Nana and Papa's for Christmas at their house.
Here he is loving on Nana and Papa...
He finally got the hang of opening gifts!
Lots and lots of gifts...(And yes...that is Puppy III. Puppy I is about to give out on us. II and III won't be far behind. And this was the last one The Secret Place had. These are some much-loved dogs.)

Georgie didn't know what to make of all of the commotion. I think he just wanted to hide.
My beautiful nieces, Morgan and Madison. They made each of us ladies a set of hand-painted cards. The most beautiful cards you've ever seen. These are mine. Madison drew and painted mine. She even created her monogram to put on the back. I told them they could sell these they are so beautiful. Mom's were flowers, Carrie's were hats, and Christi's were trees. Each so beautiful. Morgan and Madison are both so talented and creative in so many ways. And lovely beyond words.

Have I ever told you how much my sisters love photo bombing? Yeh....they're good at it too. They can leap an entire living room of furniture in a single bound just to get their mugs into a picture. It's a talent really.
One year we took a very candid and spur-of-the-moment picture and it is one of my favorite pictures and such a good memory. I wanted to recreate it this year. Somehow, those things never turn out quite the same...but close enough. And with three additions this year from the one we took a few years ago....James, Georgie, and Evil Kitty.

And in between setting the self-timer...Love it just as much as the one where everyone is looking.

This is Mom, Carrie and me. Christi, Cory and the boys didn't get in until that evening.
Me and my sissy Carrie...
James and Maddy...two of our blondies...
Carrie and Daddy sharing a moment...and possibly some ham...
Carrie makes some chocolate andes mint cookies that are to die for! Brad and I crave them all year until Carrie brings them at Christmas. Turns out James likes them too. The kid's got a refined palette....what can I say.
He's more generous than Brad and I are though. He shared with Aunt Care Care.
Then Nana vacuumed up all of his crumbs...which he found utterly delightful and hilarious.
Christi, Cory, Will, Grant, and Brock got in about 5:00. James soaked up all of the boyish roughhousing and fun. He was in heaven! Little boy heaven.
My beautiful sisters...
Photo bombers again...
Grant, my middle nephew, came up and told me that I make the best puppy chow. Apparently he had gotten some substandard puppy chow and that just won't do. I guess everyone in our family has refined and educated pallets for the finer delicacies in life. It's hard to keep that puppy chow powder off your nose though!

James said goodbye and goodnight to Uncle Andy, Aunt Carrie, Morgan and Madison tonight. He had a great time with them. Heaven only knows how long it is going to take me to undo the spoiling.I love my precious family! We are so blessed to have each other.

Comments

Celee said…
What great pictures! I always forget to take our huge, bulky camera with us when we go to my parent's house. You are blessed to have a wonderful family! Thanks for the yummy treats!