Skip to main content

Christmas Decorating With Nana

Today James and I got out and did some Christmas shopping. It was lots of fun and he was a real sport about it.

After that we went to Nana and Papa's for dinner and decorating. All my life my Mom has made such a sweet and memorable event out of decorating for Christmas with eggnog or hot chocolate with marshmallows in the china, Christmas records (the real records that crackle and snap while they play), and all of the old ornaments that are special to us for one reason or another. Some were made by my sisters when they were only 3 years old. More recent ones were made by the grand kids. A few are from my Mom and Dad's first Christmas together as a married couple. Some have been gifts from friends. But they all have a memory. And they make such a lovely tree...so much more meaningful than one made up of matching and perfectly coordinated ornaments.

Since James was only two months old last Christmas, this was his first time to actually get to help decorate....and I use the term "help" very loosely...although he did start to catch on and started handing ornaments to Nana.But it will be a special memory to look back on of his chubby little hands trying to help.But mainly I think he just enjoyed getting to spend time with his Nana and Papa.Since we didn't do a big tree this year at our house...I am glad he got to have the experience with Nana and Papa.But he had no idea what to do with the marshmallows.I guess we'll get to that next year.

Comments