Skip to main content

James' First Haircut

James' hair has always been an issue of grave concern to me. I have always obsessed over it. I have fixed in "the cupie doll", sticking straight up, curly all over, the "church" do, and the messy look. But lately it has taken on a look all by itself that I have not been very fond of. We've called it "the Donald"...as in Donald Trump. You know what I mean....all combed over and very toupee-ish looking. Except all curly in back. It has also started to bother me that whenever we take him out anywhere someone always asks how old "SHE" is. Even though he is dressed all in blue.


Therefore, James had his first haircut today. It was traumatic for him. Catastrophically and horrendously traumatic. The sweet lady was so patient and really did a good job considering he was doing everything within his power to get away from her. He even squirmed right out of the little cape they put on him. Brad had a death grip on him.

It started out innocently enough. I thought he might even be amused by the cape.
Not so much.

Then the nice lady let him feel the trimmer. Breaking him in easy. I thought we might get through it calmly enough.

WRONG!

Profoundly, big-alligator-tearfully, snot-flowingly WRONG.

The poor lady said this is the first baby she has ever had cry on her. I felt really sorry for her. It was unnerving.

He finally got to turn around and snuggle with Daddy while she cut the back.

But this was by far my FAVORITE picture. Oh that pouty lip. It kills me.
Afterwards we took him directly over to his Nana so she could make everything better. Sure enough...she cheered him right up!
And here is the after. What a handsome BOY!

Comments