Skip to main content

Do Not Fret

Wow! I think that is the longest I have gone without blogging since I started. I've missed you!

Last night was the first night of Saturday church and we LOVED it. We didn't actually get to hear the full sermon yet because Brad worked in the Cafe, I worked in the bookstore and James was in the nursery. It was such an exciting atmosphere and the numbers far exceeded what the church leadership was expecting. Tommy is doing a series on Sex Dating and Marriage. It is fabulous and you really don't want to miss it.Anyways, we are super-pumped about going to church on Saturday night and sleeping in on Sunday. What a treat! We love our church! And not just because we get to sleep in.

After church Brad and I were starved within an inch of our lives and thought we might die if we didn't get some chips and salsa right away. Then Brad had the fabulous idea to call in an order of chips, salsa... & southwest eggrolls from Chili's.So we had a late night floor picnic date after James was in bed. I love my hubby! He has the best ideas!

Friday night I worked in the bookstore while the church hosted a Beth Moore simulcast. I got to sit in on a little bit of it and have thought and thought about one part. The theme of the night was delighting in the Lord. Psalm 37:4-8. I've read these verses a zillion times but this was the first time I really paid attention to the last part of that and really thought about verse 8-"Refrain from anger and turn from wrath, do not fret-it leads only to evil." I wrote that last part down in big letters at the bottom of my page...DO NOT FRET-IT LEADS ONLY TO EVIL. Really?!?!?! Wow! I fret a lot. I've spent a lot of my life fretting. And has it ever gotten me anywhere? No. Has fretting ever solved my problems? No. Has being still before the Lord and waiting patiently for Him solved my problems? Yes! Gotten me anywhere? Yes! Lead to a greater peace and joy? Yes! Yes! Yes!

My sunny husband has a way of getting through to me like no one else ever has. When I get all fuzzed up and mad or fretty about stuff...he can turn my mood around in a snap. He has often said to me in his sweet gentle way..."don't fret my pet!" and it always makes me laugh. And look! He's been right all along! He's so smart.

Comments

Celee said…
Now you can come to our church on Sunday! And we don't start 'til 10am so plenty of sleep-in time:)
Anonymous said…
Saturday night church is the best! We love it at our house!