Skip to main content

Moving Day 5

So what happened to day 2, 3, and 4? A lot. Here is the stack of boxes before Brad moved them Thursday night.James had a lot of fun playing in the new house while it was still empty. He especially loved playing in the packing paper. You gotta love a kid who can make a game out of anything.Friday, we had part of the kitchen cabinet taken out and cut down to make it fit the new stove. So here's the deal...I hate moving and I hate construction but I love my new house and my new stove, so I'm not complaining.Brad got all of the boxes and not-massive-furniture moved to the new house. He also moved all the stuff from storage except for 3 big things.

Saturday morning Brad had to work. Mom and I worked at the new house and James helped (i.e. got in the way).Brad had asked Chris and Miah to help him after he got off work on Saturday and they actually showed up early and had most of the big furniture loaded up before Brad even got home. Those are some good friends to move your stuff for you when you aren't even there. We are so blessed to have them.When Brad got home they knocked the rest of it out. These guys make a great team! They've been best friends since the 7th grade. They took me in like a sister and I feel super-blessed to have them and their wives in our life.Sunday, Brad moved some more stuff over and we unpacked a lot. James had been staying with my parents since Friday night and I wanted to get his new room all ready for him before he came home.

That night Chris, Sarah and Charly came over and brought us dinner and hung out. It is no secret that James loves the ladies. He is good friends with Charly.

Here they are in May 2008.And here they are now.They looked through his book collection.James was in heaven.They are such great buddies.Brad found a comfy place to sit. Not so comfy for Chris though...he said Brad's butt is too bony. Today was a difficult day. I have had our cable company (Suddenlink) set up since the 4th to come out and set up our dvr, tv, computers, phones, etc. In all of my moves, things have NEVER gone smoothly with Suddenlink. They ALWAYS screw things up and make it extremely difficult. They were supposed to be here between 8-10 am. They didn't come until 2 and were here until after 5. It was not pretty either. I spent over 2 hours on the phone with various Suddenlink imbeciles...I mean employees. I finally turned it over to Brad. He took care of it and got a hefty portion taken off our bill for the inconvenience.

I will post pictures of the house once it is all done. But for now I'll show you the one area of the house that is done. The mantel. I seriously need to get busy and stop using this silly pregnancy excuse for not pulling my weight around here.So I was hoping to be all moved in and unpacked by today. Yeh...not s'much. O-well. We're making progress. At least we have every single thing moved to the new house. All that is left is unpacking, decorating, texture and painting.

Comments