Skip to main content

Best Kept Secret

Back when I had James I had a bunch of brand new beautiful baby clothes and a major stain phobia. I was a total nazi about whoever was feeding him using a bib and a burp rag and not letting anything get on the new beautiful baby clothes for heavensake. And if anything did get on the sacred clothes, they were immediately removed, spotted, soaked and washed right away if not sooner.

Then came the Similac formula that stains like a sonofagun. For reals....it made me crazy. So I usually stripped the poor kid down before feeding him. But as I was unpacking the baby clothes for Jude I saw that a few precious articles of clothing ended up stained with the Similac formula nonetheless. And for me to have just let it go could only mean that I must have been at the end of my mental rope.

So a couple of days ago I asked my Mom to get one of the stains out for me because...incontestably...I am inept at stain removal. Being the smart and clever domestic goddess that she is, she googled "removing formula stains" and found this little gem of a tip...Cascade dishwasher detergent. It removes formula stains!!!!!!!!! Can you tell how excited I am about this!?!?!?!?

I ran to get the other stained clothes and VOILA! Beautiful, once again!

Seeing as how I am about to have another baby that will be formula fed, I am happy about this new discovery. I felt like I should share this news with you in case you needed some help with stain removal also. You're welcome.

Moving on...

Here is James' "cheese" face. I think it's so cute. Not as cute as his real smile, but funny and cute anyways.Clearly he could use a little Cascade action on his shirt. And also clearly, I've loosened up just a tad on him wearing dirty clothes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! I never would have thought of Cascade...nice tip. I usually use Melaleuca products, but if I'm ever in a pinch... ;)

I was once quite hyper about Laird's neatness, too. Now he doesn't even wear a bib half the time.
Snuzi said…
But watch out...it does have bleach in it.