Skip to main content

Really???

What a stinky day.  Brad and I have turned into little old people overnight.  We are all laid up in bed with ice packs and heating pads because of all of our achy muscles.  Old.  Today Brad was doing some touch-up painting.  He told James to leave the paint cans alone but of course, because he is 3 and a boy, he could not leave them alone.  He ended up spilling almost a full gallon ON THE CARPET.  Brad and I worked for over 3 hours to try and get it cleaned up.  Lucky for James, his Nana came and rescued him and is letting him spend the night with her.
This is NOT what he looked like today...all angelic and sweet.

This is also a picture from another day when he was being sweet...unlike today...pulling Jude in the wagon while they were on a walk with Nana.
 
After we got the carpet cleaned up as best we could, we went to pick up my car from the mechanics.  When we got home our garage door wouldn't open.  It's broken.  Just one of those days I guess.  Maybe our cars will get vandalized...or better yet...stolen while they are parked outside tonight.

For your viewing enjoyment I thought I would impose upon you some more of Jude's daily fits.  He's really on a roll lately.  Here he got himself stuck in the chair under the table and was good and mad about it.

When he's not throwing a fit, he is giving us the stink-eye because he is mad at us for some unknown reason.  The teen year are going to be a real treat.  I can't wait.  (You need to make the video big to see the real hate in his eyes.)

I was on the phone the other day and the boys closed themselves in the toy closet.  In my right mind I knew that this was probably a bad plan, but it was so nice to have a few minutes of quiet to talk on the phone so I ignored that inner voice.
But at the end of the day...at least their laughs can still bring us such joy.  Well...most days.  Not today though.
I am currently re-reading the book Bringing Up Boys by Dr. James Dobson.  The last time I read it I was pregnant with James and totally naive to the horrors that lay ahead for me.  I read it thinking, "Oh...that won't be my precious angel!"  Wrong.  Dr. Dobson would probably crawl under the table and hide after an afternoon with my boys.  In the book he quotes Plato saying more than 2300 years ago, "Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable."  Amen to that.

Comments