Skip to main content

A GIRL!

13 years ago Friday I lost twin daughters, Brittney and Adria. They were stillborn.  There is nothing to describe the pain of going into the hospital pregnant and leaving with empty arms.  There are also no words to adequately describe the pain of burying precious twin daughters.

Since that moment my arms have ached for a baby girl.  I love my precious boys more than words can say.  But I am so grateful the Lord has chosen to bless us with a sweet little girl in addition to our wonderful boys.  The exclamation point on the end of our little family's sentence.  I am a girly girl and Brad is adamantly opposed to me putting pink bows and  fluffy dresses on James and Jude for some weird reason so let's just say our house is about to turn into a veritable wonderland of ruffles, bows, and all things pink.

Today when we went in for our sonogram I had all but convinced myself that we were having another little boy.  I wore waterproof mascara in preparation. So when the sono tech told us it is a girl, I cried, just not for the reason I thought I would be.  I couldn't believe it.  All of these years  of waiting for a girl and I was finally hearing "It's A Girl!"  What an indescribable joy.
Now don't get me wrong.  I would have been joyful for another precious boy too.  Ok, maybe not right at first, but what matters is a healthy baby and I would've gotten around to the "joyful" part.  Probably as soon as I saw the picture of that sweet profile.  James and Jude have me wrapped around their little fingers...it would have happened sooner rather than later.

We will name this sweet little bundle of joy Kathryn Jane.  Kathryn is my Mom's name and Jane is my middle name and my Mom's mom's name.  We will call her Katy Jane.  She weighs 1 pound and 2 ounces.  What a chunk!

Today Brad, Mom, James and Jude all came with me to the sonogram. 
I get a little twitchy when I'm stressed out...and I get stressed out when I think I'm about to not get what I want (a baby girl).  Also you should know that Brad and my Mom turn into real comedians together when they are around each other.  They were both monkeying around and getting the boys all loud and monkeyish with them while we were waiting to be called back and it got the best of me and I snapped at everyone.  Flared nostrils, tight lips and all.  So glad Brad managed to snap a picture of this fine moment.
While we were waiting James wanted to inspect the 8 new teeth Jude has coming in now.  Jude was happy to oblige.
He needed a closer look.
James seemed to be thrilled to be having a Katy when we saw the pictures of her.  Now he is just a little confused as to why we got to see a picture of her but she is still in my belly.
When we talked to Dr. Meeks after the sono, Brad asked if he had any advice for him now that he is going to have a little girl.  Without missing a beat he said, "Start saving your money."  He also said that girls are very special and she will have Brad wrapped around her little finger almost immediately.  (I think she already does!) 

I still can't believe that I get to have a little girl.  It seems so surreal.  I am so excited and grateful!

2 Corinthians 9:15-Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay for team PINK!!!

Congrats to you and family. I hope the remainder of your pregnancy goes quickly and smooth for ya.
Kristi Kelly said…
I am SOOOO happy for you Steph!!! I know you will just love having a little girl to add to your sweet family:) I hope I can make a trip out there to meet her in person....over donuts again of course!!!