Skip to main content

Small Town Girl

After a quick stop for coffee and donuts, the boys and I headed out of town this morning at 6:45.  After the required stops for me to get out and walk around, we finally made it to Carrie's at 12:30.  James could not get me and Jude out the door fast enough!  He was so ready for his fun vacation with his Care Care.  (He calls her "my Care Care").  He wasted no time getting down to the business of playing.
He played in a tent, he colored with markers, he painted, he played with play doh, he jumped on the trampoline, he played trains with Uncle Andy, and he cooked dinner with Aunt Care Care...just to name a few of the fun things he got to do today.
Jude and I drove into Dallas and got checked into our hotel just before the traffic got bad.  I STUPIDLY decided I would run out to Target before dinner to grab a few things I forgot.  The gps said it was only 8 minutes away so off we went.  35 minutes later we finally made it to the Target that was only 4 miles away.  I have never been more painfully aware of how small town I am until today.  So many people, so many highways, so many wrong turns.  I swear that if I heard the gps lady say "recalculating" one more time I was going to throw myself onto the highway.  All I wanted to do was turn around and go back to the hotel and not leave again.  But I was already committed.  I love our friendly, small town and I miss it.  (And for the record, Amarillo really isn't that small...but it's a lot smaller than Dallas).

Jude was thrilled with the yummy cookie he got when we checked in.
 

Then he rested a little.
Sometimes this cancer stuff will hit me at weird times...like I am hit with the reality of it more than at other times.  Driving into Dallas today and past Children's where we will be for the next two days was just sort of depressing.  I just hate that this is a part of Jude's life.  I hate what he has to go through.  I never thought I would be bringing my baby to regular appointments with his oncologist.

Jude is FINALLY asleep.  I hope he sleeps well because tomorrow is going to be a rough day for my sweet boy.
Thank you for your prayers for Jude over the next two days.  I will keep you posted.

Comments

Praying that things go well.