Skip to main content

Run Run As Fast As You Can...

Last night I made gingerbread men, women, boys, girls, and holly leaves. (Yeh, I don't know why on the holly leaves...I just had the cookie cutter and I felt compelled to use it since it's Christmas and all). That might be the last time that ever happens because yall, it's hard. I brag on and on about how I used to work in a bakery, and I can bake, and blah blah blah until I realized last night that was nearly 20 YEARS AGO! What??!?!?! Ok, so it was 17 years but that is really close to 20 and that makes me OLD. And it makes it nothing special. But anyways...I finished up my holiday baking tonight. Brad is off all next week (YAHOO!) and I wanted to get everything finished up this week so that we can enjoy his time off together. Tomorrow I will tackle the last of the Christmas shopping.

Today we had James (the other James) and Kaylee over to play!Well...Kaylee and Jude did some napping while the big boys played.Jamesie (mine) and James (Laurie's) kept escaping to the upstairs so I had to put up the baby gate. They tried to scale it.And succeeded. So I had to bust out my Mommy voice to make them stay downstairs.

Jamesie had the great idea to empty out the toy box. Then James decided to help.Next was lunch.Don't they look like such big boys!?

After lunch they watched a little PBS. (Thank you Lord for inventing PBS...all except for The Cat And The Hat cartoon...that cat is freaky...I don't like it).Apparently it was something really funny.

Jude and Kaylee were not amused. They were too busy discussing wedding details.After I had sufficiently rotted their brains with enough tv I made them read books.The idea was to sit still and quiet for a few minutes (because my brain was about to explode) but that is quasi-impossible for two 2 year old boys. O-well. I tried.After James and Kaylee left Jamesie and I got busy baking. Which is when I demonstrated my ghetto mothering skills by tossing a bag of chocolate chips to my kid to keep him occupied for a few seconds. It worked. I'm not proud.But it looks as if he had to fend off chocolate-chip-stealing-predators (named George) with his crossbow.

Then I broke a few child labor laws and made him fix us dinner. Chicken Chilaquiles. Yummy!But don't feel too bad for him. I'm giving him the day off tomorrow to spend with Nana and Papa.

Comments