Skip to main content

Cousins, Cupcakes & Car Washes

Today Mom, James and I went to Lubbock to meet my sister and bring home her three boys for a visit. While we were there, we went to see my Uncle Gerald. James thought about warming up to Uncle Gerald but then he changed his mind.After our visit, this pregnant girl needed some nourishment. And I got these glorious little beauties!I ate two of them while parked under a tree for shade...the red velvet and the birthday cake. My Mom seemed somewhat astonished and maybe a little bit afraid that I annihilated two cupcakes in one sitting without even coming up for air. But to be fair...that red velvet was kinda on the tiny side. In my opinion.

So after my cupcake feeding frenzy, we went to Dee Dee's to meet Christi and the boys. James was THRILLED to see his aunt and cousins.He has so much fun with them.And Brock, Christi's youngest, took this picture for us.Before we left for Lubbock, we drove through the car wash. James hates going to the car wash. I can relate to this fear since my Dad tortured my sisters and I by scaring us to death every time we went through a car wash when we were little...(ok...and maybe not so little...I still won't go through a car wash with him because I just sit and wait for the scary noise he makes right as the big flappy things go by that makes me sort of want to wet my pants a little bit). I see I've passed on a bit of my carwashaphobia to James. Thanks a lot Dad.

Comments