Skip to main content

Bradley, Babbling, and Books

The night before Brad came home he told me that all he wanted to do when he got here was sleep, watch movies, and get donuts. I was more than happy to oblige since sleeping and eating donuts are pretty high up on my list these days. Jamesie didn't mind so much either.

Having Brad back home has lots of perks...one of them being that he shares in stinky diaper duty.Unfortunately, Jamesie has started a new bad habit. I don't think he really knows what he's doing. Just a fun new place to stick his finger. But it doesn't make his Daddy too happy.But he can multitask and take two calls at once. It's pretty impressive.Jamesie is talking non-stop these days. Most of the words aren't intelligible to anyone but me, but that's ok. He has a lot to say and I want to hear it all.

~~~~~

My friend Lorraine brought us by a huge stack of books today! What a thrill! Jamesies favorite thing to do is read.One of my favorites was The Perfect Pumpkin Pie which made me laugh all the way through. It's about the no-longer-alive Mr. Whitaker searching for the perfect pie. So funny. This is my favorite page..."Why, if I was alive, I'd have a pie degree. I'd be a Professor of Pie with a Ph.P." Dead or alive, I like this guy.
James' favorite was Just Mommy And Me. It's a super cute story about a little boy and his Mommy and what it would be like if they were monkeys. We could both relate very well.

If we were two monkeys who played hide-and-seek
and I promised you, Mommy, that I wouldn't peek
and we took a walk in a cool, shady place
and saw who could make the silliest face
and we picked some flowers to put in your hat,
and I got to choose them-you know I'd love that!


And the cutest one is Are You Ready For Bed? and it is all about bunnies...which I love. Jamesie had a fun night of reading all of his new books.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love the pic of James "picking" his nose and the disapproving look on Brad's face. I've looked at it several times now, and it makes me laugh out loud each time. ha!!! And funny thing...I understood James completely in the video. All I know...something was wet and James needed to let you know.