Skip to main content

Turtles Are Stinky

My nephews caught a turtle the other day at the park. At first they were going to name him "Tinkles" because...well...because according to Will "he got nervous and tinkled when we caught him".Later they collaboratively decided on "Peter". No idea where that one came from. But a very fine turtle name indeed.Anyhow, I wanted James to see him. He wasn't that interested.And Peter was pretty stinky. Did you know that turtles are stinky?

I found this out several years ago while Brad and I were dating. They used to have these little tiny turtles for sale at the mall around Christmas time. I decided I wanted one and told Brad I was going to get one. He told me that I didn't want a turtle because "turtles are stinky". To prove his point he took me out to the mall, to the turtle kiosk, and told me to take a whiff.

Yup! Sure enough. Peeeeyewwwww!

Turtles are stinky. And he was right...I did not want one.

Comments