Skip to main content

James' First Recipe

Yesterday I let the boys go in and wake up Brad.  And yes, Jude had already put on his boots.
They ran in and attacked him.  What a way to wake up.   But he is such a sweet daddy, he couldn't help but smile.

Brad and I had the pleasure of having lunch with the pastor who married us and his wife over at my parents house today.  It was so wonderful to see them and catch up a little bit.  We love Scott and Pam.
After naps and running a few errands, the boys and I went back over to Mom and Dad's to play for awhile.  The boys rode a little horsey.
Jamesie got hot and had to go sit down with Nana to cool off for a bit.
Jude took the opportunity to ride solo.
After working up an appetite, James came home and made up his specialty...grilled cheese. He's really good at cooking them now. Tonight he said he wanted to make a "tasty grilled cheese" and asked for a 3rd piece of bread. After he cooked the grilled cheese, I cut the crusts off, cut it in half for him to share with Jude and set it on their table. He got the plain piece of bread and wrapped it around his half and ate it. He said, "THIS is a tasty grilled cheese!" Ok...so now I know. My little chef. The boy likes his bread.
My parents went to Lubbock the other day and my sweet Mom visited 2 of my very favorite stores there and brought me back the motherload of all baby gifts!  I squealed the whole way through!  What a joy to open!
Do you know what this is?  It is the cutest thing I've ever seen in all my life. 
They are called "Toe Blooms" and I am just dying over them!  They will go around Katy Jane's sweet little feet and ankles.  Oh. My. Word.  I already have them packed in her hospital suitcase and plan on putting them on her the second they hand her to me.
I am feeling a little better than I was the other day.  I am still having a lot of contractions and other sorts of pains but I am doing a lot of resting to keep Katy Jane in there a little longer.

Comments