Skip to main content

And The Hits Just Keep On Coming

Brad was hit by a car tonight while he was out for a run.  A lady ran a stop sign and hit him.  My worst fear every single time he leaves to go on a run is that he is going to get hit.  Tonight while I was fixing dinner I got a call from a weird number and I knew.  He was calling from the ladies cell phone that hit him.  I answered and he told me he had just been hit by a car and I needed to come and get him.  I called my parents and asked them to come over and stay with the boys.  Our precious neighbor, Mr. Edwards, came and stayed with the boys until Mom and Dad could get there so I could go ahead and go. 

I think Brad was in shock when I got there.  He wasn't thinking rationally.  We went to the doctor and called the police while we waited.  An officer came and took our report.  Brad got x-rays and obviously nothing is broken...thank you Lord.  But his leg is very swollen and cut up.  So are his hands.  His neck and back are hurt pretty badly as well.  We will have to do an MRI to see if there is any ligament damage.  For now he is just in a lot of pain and I have a feeling tomorrow will be worse. 


It is amazing how quickly things can change.  I am praising the Lord that is was not worse.  It could have been so much worse.  Thank you Lord for protecting my sweet husband.  Before Brad left to go on his run, Jamesie said, "Don't leave us, Daddy!"  Brad said he should have listened.

~~~~~~

Today James had his very first dentist appointment!  And he did great!!!!  He didn't even need me to go back with him.  He just jumped up and went right on back like a champ!  I was so proud...and a little bit teary that he didn't need me.  He didn't have any cavities and was a big brave boy the whole time.  The dentist said to keep doing what we're doing because he teeth looked great.  He was most pleased with the haul he made.  A cup full of goodies!
Jude scored a new toothbrush too.  He was psyched.  Now we can get busy brushing all 4 of his teeth.
But the best part of the day was when Nana kept Jamesie so I could go to BSF.  She built a snowman with him in the back yard.  Best. Nana. Ever.  James was so happy about it!  (Isn't my Mom a beauty!)
We are so blessed to have my parents so close.  I know I say it all the time but today I was extra grateful.  I know I have so much to be thankful for everyday...but some days I am reminded of just how much. 


Psalm 91:14-16-"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.  He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.  With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness!!!! I am so sorry!!! That is so scary!!! I know exactly how easy it is to get hit while running. People just aren't watching out for you AT ALL. I am so glad that Brad is okay. I know I don't have to tell you, but it could have been worse. I hope he will heal quickly. And run on the sidewalk from now on.