Skip to main content

Jungle Safari

There is a little "Jungle Safari" aka petting zoo in a parking lot near our house so we took the boys there this morning. Seems as if we showed up a little too early because half of the animals were still asleep. Get these creatures some coffee for pete's sake. Because, let me tell you, there is nothing exciting about a sleeping tiger.Nothing. *Yawn*

Same with the camel. They offered camel rides but from the looks of it, she didn't plan on letting anyone ride her. Plus, girlfriend needs to get some cocoa butter up on her knees and elbows...they're all ashy.She looked as grumpy as I felt this morning. I feel her pain.I'd feel cranky too if I had to sleep in a parking lot with only a thin layer of hay. It's undignified.

You know I am not a big fan of goats. (These are goats, right?) Seems like Jamesie was a bit leery of them too.But come on...look at it there in the bottom corner. Creepy. For reals though, I don't really feel good about passing on my neuroses to my children. I tried to put on a brave face. But I actually turned and looked at it and screamed a little bit and got to steppin. I left Brad to do the whole goat-feeding thing. Not my bag.James saw the goats sticking their (creepy) heads through the rails (trying to eat me alive) and he tried to do it.I am slightly ashamed to say that I kept my panic at bay long enough to snap a picture then I snatched him out of there before a goat could eat his head off. Anything for a good photo, right?The goats were by far his favorite. The cows...not s'much.Especially when his Dad put cow food in his hand and forced it into the cows mouth.Not cool.

And then there was this guy. Nasty, filthy, smelly, llama. And I know for sure that this was a llama this time because I read the sign.The "Jungle Safari" was pretty cool. It was actually better than the whole Amarillo Zoo is. Except for the llama. And the creepy carnies running the place.

Comments